” There are no limits to where 4-H Youth
Can Go from the 4-H Shooting Sports! …. “
The Virginia Beach 4-H Top Shooters Club focuses on Sport Shooting Education with the intent to equip young adults and kids with the knowledge and training they need to be better marksman and better citizens through experiential learning. Our 4-H Certified Instructors follow approved courses of instruction for each discipline.
Club Activities – In addition to Shooting Sports Education, the VB 4-H Top Shooters meet monthly and often have Guest Speakers to present and discuss relevant topics of interest. Through youth elected officers, the members vote and perform yearly service projects. The type projects may include service work and club fund raisers.
One of the very first things our members learn is Firearm Safety. This is first and foremost. Each member must know all of the 4-H and NRA Safety Rules. From there, we build a solid foundation of marksmanship skills.
Practices develop our youth from Marksman through Sharpshooter and present multiple opportunities for each to grow to the Expert Level. Currently our club teaches four disciplines:
- Archery: Compound and Recurve
- Rifle: 3 Position and Silhouette for Air and .22 rifles.
- Pistol: Progressive Position for Air and .22 pistols.
- Shotgun: Skeet, Trap, and Sporting Clays. We shoot 12 thru 28 gauge and .410 bore shotguns at skeet and 12 and 20 ga at trap and sporting clays.
To develop and grow each member, we offer the following Club Activities: In-House Fun Matches, Quarterly CMP Postal Matches and Yearly NRA-Winchester Qualification Programs. This combination allows each youth to progress at his or her own pace and are both rewarding and fun.
As each member progresses and demonstrate proficiency in a discipline, he or she is encouraged to:
- Enter yearly 4-H Matches in their discipline of interest .
- There are three Matches per year at the Local, District and State level.
- From there, a member can compete at the National Level.
For those who stick with it, there are also opportunities for
- USA Junior Olympics
- Collegiate Competition and Teams
- College Scholarships at some of the best Universities in the Nation.
- US Olympic Development Team
This is why we believe: There is practically no limit to where our 4-H Youth Can Go from the 4-H Shooting Sports!
>>>————————> * * * <—————————<<<
The 4-H Shooting Sports Path to Success : We encourage and provide guidance for each Youth as follows:
- Set Yearly Goals
- Create and maintain a Shooting Journal
- Create and maintain a Portfolio detailing his or her specific accomplishments through each 4-H Calendar Year.
- Look at fellow Club Members as part of their Team.
- Understand that the one we are most competing with is one’s self.
- Instructors provide Guidance for members to accomplish this.
For specific questions or info not presented here, please Email our Club Officers at email@example.com . If you need immediate information, please call our local extension office at the VB Main Office: (757) 385-4769 . For Membership, please navigate to the Join Us page for Next Steps.
>>>————————> * * * <—————————<<<
“True Leaders are not Born, They are Grown…” ~ 4-H
History – 4-H Started in the early 1900’s and was primarily around Agriculture. As it evolved and grew, other disciplines and projects were offered and 4-H Shooting Sports was one of them.
4-H Empowers Future Generations to Lead...